WORK WITH US
Careers at Foyle Food Group
Foyle Food Group is one of the largest red meat processors in the UK with over 1,350 employees on sites in both Northern Ireland, England and the Republic of Ireland. We have employment opportunities across a wide spectrum of careers.
Food Foyle Food group are a family owned business with over 40 years of expertise in beef supply chain and processing. At Foyle Food Group farming and agriculture are central to our business and we are committed to promoting the practices that protect and regenerate the land around us. We are dedicated to operating as a sustainable business and committed to doing that well.
Reporting to the Procurement Director / General Manager at the site, this is a rare opportunity to secure a key role within the Group’s Agri team. The successful applicant will be responsible for building sustainable relationships with new and existing supply bases to enable the Group to meet market demands.
• Securing quality assured cattle to meet site needs
• Building sustainable relationships with new and existing suppliers
• Develop relationships with farming organisation’s and societies
• Negotiating with farmers / suppliers
• Developing local Producer Group / Producer Group site visits / meetings
• Work with hauler’s to ensure planned delivery of animals
• Work with other Departments on site to achieve Group objectives
• In depth knowledge of livestock farming
• Ability to negotiate cattle prices and supply contracts
• Agricultural or equivalent recognised farming qualification
• IT skills / ability to operate IT packages e.g. Microsoft packages
• Ability to communicate effectively with suppliers
• Previous commercial experience with Livestock farmers
If you are highly motivated, confident and have the ability to work on your own initiative this may be the role for you. The successful candidate will receive the full support of the Group’s Agri team.
If you meet most or all of the criteria, please forward your CV and relevant details to:
Foyle Food Group, 52 Doogary Road, Omagh, Co Tyrone, BT79 0BQ
Closing date for the receipt of applicants is the 30th May 2022.
We are currently looking for an experienced farm hand to work on a large beef farm with a chicken house on the outskirts of Cookstown, Co Tyrone.
Reporting to the Farm Manager on the farm you will undertake a wide range of activities covering all aspects of the day-to-day operation on the farm.
Days of work: Monday > Sunday – the role will involve working every third weekend (weekend work in the main covers feeding / essential work)
Hours of work up to 48 hours per week
Salary – dependent on experience
• Previous experience working on a beef farm
• Working knowledge of animal health issues
• Experience operating a feeding wagon
• Experience operating general farm machinery
• Flexible approach to working hours
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Experience working with Chicken houses
• 3rd level academic agricultural qualification
Closing date for the receipt of applications / CV’s is the 31st May 2022
Please forward applications of interest to – firstname.lastname@example.org or post to HR Manager, Shared Service Centre, Foyle Food Group, 52 Doogary Road Omagh, BT79 0BQ
We are an equal opportunities employer; applications from all sections of the community are welcomed.
Careers At Foyle
Join our team
We are one of the largest red meat processors in the UK with over 1,350 employees on sites in both Northern Ireland, England and the Republic of Ireland. We have employment opportunities across a wide spectrum of careers.